Saturday, June 5, 2010

How does your garden grow, or does it?

I'm not sure how your garden is doing now that it is the 5th of June but here in the PNW, mine sucks!
We have had such cold temps. and sooo much rain that I think the only thing growing is the mold in the soil! YUCK!!!
I took a look at the veggie garden this morning and it looks like I have lost some squash plants, again!
The boxwood basil has drowned and another one looks like it may follow.
So much for some fresh herbs.
On a good note though, the Brocoli, Cabbage and Potatoes seem to be doing well!
The spinach, lettuce, and even the radishes are miniture! Maybe they are a new, smaller hybrid.
It is supposed to get up to 70 here today and that is a real blue sky in my photo of the potatoe plant. I don't understand this because they are calling for rain tomorrow.
Oh...will summer ever come?

No comments:

Post a Comment