Saturday, June 5, 2010

Big Game...

I tried to be clever, I tried to be mysterious...it worked for about 2 miles North of the Roy Y. I have a smart husband. He guessed the destination...North West Trek.
In an effort to get out and do, I made a mystery trip for us. I told Tim we would be out in the weather, it could be raining (dumping buckets), it could be cold...or the sun could come out (small, small chance). I am optimistic. With my handy dandy DOT map of Wa. State we headed out on a miserable Monday morning. It was pouring down rain and I thought my super idea would be ruined. I am so thankful it wasn't. Like I said, Tim guessed our destination pretty quickly and I giggled as we drove into "the sticks"!
Northwest Trek is located near Eatonville which sits in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. It is a wildlife park that is like 734 acres of land that was donated by a really cool family. It is home to some huge wildlife that you get to see while you ride around the park in a nice covered tram. Then there are the area trails that you can navigate on your own where you can observe Eagles, Beaver, Wolverine, Wolves, Couger and Bears. I am sure I am missing several things that we got to see and observe but it was a great day trip, well worth the park admission fee and was incredible to see the large resident moose, bison, elk and caribou. Incredible.
...and the sun came out. It was a wonderful day. Now to plan another "day adventure". Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment