Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm just a foodie at heart (or waist)

I love to cook...
If I said it once, I'll say it again...I love to cook! The neighbor went over to Ellensburg and brought back some Asparagus. I don't like Asparagus but take a look at these. They were begging me to do something with them. So, this is what I did. I made Aspargus, Proscuitto Wraps. Actually I used ham as Proscuitto was way too expensive at F.M. (so maybe I'm not really a Foodie), it was also my first time using puff pastry.
I am no food photographer so the pictures do not do it justice...but I think you get the gist of the idea. I blanched the Asparagus for about 5 mins in boiling water. I know, the time was a bit long but these are some gigantic stalks of Asparagus. I then wrapped the stalks in a generous helping of ham, laid them on the bed of puff pastrey dough, put some haystacks of grated parmasean cheese, tucked those little babies in and baked 'em for about 13mins @ 350 in my newly calibrated gas oven.

I think they turned out rather scrumptous. My husband thinks so as well. I like them, but I like anything in dough and paired with cheese. Next time, if I make them again, I will use a bit more delicate spears/stalks of Aspargus, I will splurge on real Proscuitto and I won't share!

No comments:

Post a Comment