Wednesday, May 26, 2010

...a beautiful day for a dive...

Whew!!! What a weekend. I was busy with all cool diving stuff. On Sunday Tim and I hurried to catch the last day of the Northwest Dive Expo. It was fun to see all the cool products and was even more fun to see all our friends! It's kinda special to have so much diving karma in one big area.
Then there was a rumor that the visibility in Puget Sound was stellar or at least 15' to 20', not the previous 3-5' pea soup. So for Tim and I, Monday was a must dive day!!! We went to Les Davis which is on the water front in Tacoma...Commencment Bay. This site is sometimes tempermental. Meaning Viz could be great or not, the critters could be found...or not. Well, we had a little bit of both. Vis was great and we headed N.E. a bit to get down to the concrete slabs. These were brought in to create an artificial reef in the hopes of attracting marine life. Some of these have worked, some not...but anyways. We swam out and dropped down and it was wonderful to be back in the water and diving. Diving...diving...I love Scuba Diving...but I digress. We got on down to the slabs and didn't really see any big critters but saw a few Nudis', alot of Feather Duster Worms and Rock Fish...even some Black Rock Fish that one doesn't normally see on this side.
I didn't get alot of pictures as I had the settings on my camera wrong...but I did get to dive. Did I mention I love to Scuba Dive. Our dive lasted like 61mins...and it was a wonderful 61mins of shear bliss...floating and breathing and floating...I love to Scuba Dive....oh, viz wasn't too bad either, till we were down at the slabs and the tide turned and it went down to about 10feet...
But, I got to dive....

No comments:

Post a Comment